Jim is a Master of Laws and a Fellow of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors with extensive development experience in complex schemes. He was previously employed at Hyndburn Borough Council as an Assistant Director with special responsibility for estates, building control and economic development. Jim joined Maple Grove Developments in 1986 initially as Development Manager and was appointed to Director on 1 March 1989. Thereafter he became Chief Executive Officer for the entire Group. He was actively involved in development management and took the lead on the company’s award winning developments in Kendal and Ripon. Jim's contract as CEO came to an end in 2010. He named his successor, and from then on he has continued in a support role as Deputy Chairman to ensure a smooth transition for the Group into the next generation
- Member of Governing Council
- Chairman of Management Board
- Former Chairman of Strategy and Resources Board
- Former Chairman of Marketing Policy Committee
- Former Chairman of Ethics, Standards & Consumer Protection Policy Committee
- Former Chairman of the Professional Ethics Working Party
- Former Chairman of the Company Law Review Working Party
- Member of the Board of Directors of Preston Vision – a regeneration company committed to the development and promotion of Preston and its greater region including South Ribble and Chorley.
- Chairman of the Eric Wright Trust (and Trustee) – a trust set up to put company profits into supporting under-privileged groups within the North West of England.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Preston Youth Zone – a charity set up to develop, in partnership with Lancashire County Council, a state of the art youth facility in Preston City Centre.
- Trustee of the College of Estate Management at Reading University.