Lancashire Skills and Employment Board
The Skills and Employment Board's primary responsibility is to consider skills and employment priorities within the Lancashire Enterprise Partnership's area (which covers Lancashire County, Blackburn with Darwen and Blackpool).
The board engage with all stakeholders including businesses, colleges, third sector organisations, training providers and universities.
In doing so, the board shall:
- commission and maintain an evidence-base to help understand key skill demands in the Lancashire Enterprise Partnership (LEP) area and support the development and tracking of an agreed Skills and Employment Framework with agreed Key Performance Indicators;
- oversee the production of a Skills and Employment Framework for the area which is consistent with the wider economic priorities set out in the LEP's Growth Plan;
- develop and promote skills-related initiatives and programmes aligned with agreed priorities, as part of the LEP's Strategic Economic Plan;
- identify and work with other LEP areas on skills issues of strategic and cross-boundary significance; and
- advise on the deployment of skills and employment funding directly accessed by the LEP.
It was established in 2013 and is responsible for considering skills development priorities within Lancashire.
Skills Board Members
- Andrew Dewhurst, Managing Director, Affilius Group
- Neil Conlon Business Development Manager & Shareholder, Conlon Construction
- Ruth England, Head Teacher, Shuttleworth College
- Gareth Lindsay, Managing Director at North Lancs Training Group (NLTG)
- Mark Allanson, Pro Vice Chancellor, Edge Hill University
- Lindsay Campbell, Partner/Director, Campbell & Rowley's Catering and Events Ltd
- Lynne Livesey Pro Vice Chancellor, University of Central Lancashire
- Amanda Melton (Chair), Chief Executive, Nelson and Colne College
- Joanne Pickering, Director of HR, Training and Quality, and Chair of Lancashire HR Employers Network
- Beverley Robinson, Chief Executive, Blackpool and Fylde College
To see more information about each of our board members please visit the Lancashire Skills and Employment Hub website.