Tuesday, March 08, 2016
LEP Sponsored Conference Lights Up A World-Class Lancashire
The Lancashire Enterprise Partnership (LEP) is the lead sponsor of the 2016 Business of Lancashire conference on March 18 at Ribby Hall.
Organised by business magazine North West Insider, the event is based on the theme of ‘Lighting up a world-class Lancashire’ and will feature top speakers drawn from across the county’s private and public sectors.
They, and the conference audience, will discuss a range of key issues which impact on Lancashire’s economic growth and prosperity. The event will also give delegates the first chance to see some of the new positioning work for Lancashire, commissioned by the LEP, and find out how Lancashire businesses can get involved in helping to promote the county regionally, nationally and globally.
Miri Thomas, editorial director, Insider, and Edwin Booth, chairman, Lancashire LEP and Booth Supermarkets, will open the event.
Other confirmed participants include:
- Tony Attard, chairman, Marketing Lancashire, chief executive, Panaz Group
- David Bailey, chief executive, North West Aerospace Alliance
- Dave Holmes, MAI manufacturing operations director, BAE
- Brent Collins, board director and business development director, BCW Engineering
- Gavin Wright, chief executive office, Forbes Solicitors
- Jennifer Mein, leader Lancashire County Council
- David Brown, chief executive, Transport for the North
- Deborah McLaughlin, executive director, HCA North West
- Anna Doran, head of Anglo Saxon Scotland route, Virgin Trains
- Jim Carter, deputy chairman, Eric Wright Group, LEP Board and chair, City Deal Exec
- Frank Hayden, professor of Advance Manufacturing, School of Engineering at UCLan
- Bev Robinson, principal and chief executive, Blackpool and the Fylde College
- Professor Stephen Decent, pro-vice-chancellor (Research), Lancaster University
- Catherine Lawler, HR director, Future Programmes and Services and MAI Central Functions, BAE
- Andy Walker, head of business growth, Lancashire County Council, lead for BOOST programme
- Ilyas Munshi, commercial director, Eurogarages
- Ruth Connor, chief executive, Marketing Lancashire
- Kevin Duffy, managing partner, RSM Preston Office.
The four panels will discuss:
- Lift off for Lancashire: How does Lancashire exploit its number one position in aerospace and advanced manufacturing?
- A better connected Lancashire at the heart of the Northern Powerhouse
- From campus to marketplace
- The lifeblood of Lancashire – SMEs, thriving productivity and driving growth in the economy.
- Tickets are free but limited.
The Business of Lancashire Conference
March 18, 2016
8:00am - Breakfast & registration
8:30am - Debate
11:45am - Close with networking
Ribby Hall Village,
Lancashire PR4 2PR